Monday, January 17, 2011

Promotion explained.....

That is, as I understand it!

There are 4 groups of Segunda B....the teams finishing 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th in each group qualify for the promotion play offs.

For the sake of clearness lets say :

Group 1 : Teams A, B, C and D.
Group 2 : Teams E, F, G and H.
Group 3 : Teams I, J, K and L.
Group 4 : Teams M, N, O and P.

The Champions of each group enter a draw (A, E, I and M) and the resulting two ties (home and away) have two winners, who are promoted (lets say E amd M get promoted). The 2 losers from these (A and I) are still in with a chance.

The other 12 sides go into a draw, and 6 ties come out. The resulting six winners plus the losers from the champions round (A and I) make 8 teams. From these 4 ties are drawn (always home and away), another 4 teams are eliminated, leaving 4. From these you have 2 ties, the winners joining E and M getting promotion.

So in total 4 sides are promoted.

Clear? Thought not.....


Simples!

4 comments:

  1. So say we win the league, we play a team that won the league say from group 3, home and away, who ever wins goes up? who ever looses plays a second play off?

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Guiri, I'm sure you spelt this out before, but it doesn't trip off the tongue does it! I'm now looking at Feb 6th weekend - Alcala at home. At least I ought to see a few goals in that one?!?

    ReplyDelete