Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Sickness

Just when you think it couldn't get worse, that the Madrid / Barcelona sickness infecting Spain must have reached it's limit....NO! WRONG!

Yesterday in the supermarket in Murcia (Alcampo), I nearly slammed my trolley into a display of canned olives. We've all seem mugs, keyrings, pens, car stickers.....but....CRISPS? Yes....big bags of crisps. Of course, you can't have just Real Madrid crisps, no, they have to have the reglamentary and balancing Barcelona crisps next door.

Whatever next? Real Madrid detergent? Barcelona frozen peas? (and of course their Madrid and Barcelona balancing versions).

I call them sheep for a reason you know.

3 comments:

  1. I went to see Shakira at the O2 on Monday night & as you do I bought a T shirt & the guy that served me was Spanish,so I took my coat off to try the shirt on & he noticed I had my Murcia sweatshirt on to which he said are you Barca or Madrid,I stood gobsmacked for a moment or two & said neither.Why do people automatically think you support one of the so called big two.Any way enough of that,great result last night watched it before I went to work & went off in a very good mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same when I saw that at Alcampo. Sheeps!!

    Happy Christmas and New Year (coming back to the 2nd division.

    Pepe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Xmas Guiri and his followers....this has been an excellent resource for budding RM fans. PETE

    ReplyDelete